Happy New Year!!!!!!
Hello 2016! I’ve been waiting for you!
If you read Goodbye 2015 then you know that I was less than impressed with myself last year. If you didn’t read it; GO READ IT! Honest it takes like 90 seconds.
Now, on to 2016. I’m not going to jump on my soap box and scream “New Year, New Me” like I’m at a PETA rally, all I want is to push myself. Go farther, reach higher, dream bigger, do more!
And I want you to do it with me.
Generally speaking there are 7 ‘types’ of goals: mental, physical, family, social, spiritual, career and financial. Is there any part or parts of your life you want to improve upon that falls into one or several of those categories? Me too! How about we do this together!?
Maybe you want a better relationship with God, or you want to spend more time with your kids, want a promotion at work, or maybe you want to have more money to do the things you love. Wanting these things is great, but setting up a plan to make them happen is even better! Here’s how I suggest we start to make our dreams, big and small, become our reality.
- Think of your absolute end goal. (Starting your own company, writing that novel, taking the dream vacation to Fiji.)
- Determine where you are now in relation to that end goal. (Still working for someone else? Stuck on chapter three? Where’s fiji?)
- Use smaller goals to fill in the gaps between where you are now and where you want to be. (Start working on your business plan during your lunch break, sit down and finish that dreaded outline, buy a map.)
- Put in some time and effort….
- TADA!!!! (Turn in your two weeks, call the publisher, book your flight!)
The hard part is all those little goals (the time and the effort) between here and there. If you want to run a 5k marathon you probably can’t just turn off Netflix and walk up to the start line. We are going to have to train; start small and work our way up. It’s going to be kind of scary but its okay, we’re tough, we’re smart, we got this.
Here’s what I’m suggesting: that 2016 isn’t the year of the “New Us”, 2016 is the year that we challenge ourselves to do better than we’ve ever done before. We will not be average, we will not be mediocre, we will not ashamed of our shortcomings and we will not be scared to prove everyone that says we are wrong.
This year I challenge myself to live healthier so that I can enjoy my life, I challenge myself to clear my mind of clutter so that I can focus on my dreams, and last but not least I challenge myself to start building my empire TODAY.
What’s your challenge?