Not that long ago I decided to make my “Not A Bucket List”, you see I never really liked the idea of a regular old bucket list. A list of things you want to do before you die; depressing.
My “Not A Bucket List” is simply a list of adventures I plan on enjoying at some point in my life. There is an item for every year I’ve wandered this world and as it is my birthday today it’s time to add an item to the list.
It’s really hard for me to find new things to add. Mostly because what I really want to do is travel! But, all of the trips I want to take, well that’s another list all together!! Also because I feel like items on this list should be at least slightly life changing. That means nothing trivial, they all have to mean something to me. On top of that, I’m a realist which means learning the meaning of life and taking a selfie on the moon aren’t going to work either.
Find the love of my life? – Unlikely.
Finish my college degree? – Maybe but… eh…
Sample every flavor of coffee EVER!? – I wish but my insurance company says no.
Maybe Pinterest has some ideas!
- Kiss under the Eiffel Tower
- Say yes to everything for a day
- Go to an airport and buy a ticket for a random flight
- Go zorbing (whatever that is)
- Change someones life
- Own a Polaroid camera (……….. well now I feel old)
- Use a fake name in a restaurant (ah Jr High volleyball trips)
- Take a photo of yourself every day for a year (ya, no thank you)
- Go through a drive through on a horse (Been there, done that, multiple times lol)
I’m not into seeing ‘touristy’ landmarks, I don’t have a best friend to do ‘bestie’ things with nor do I have a boyfriend to do ‘coupley’ things with.
Something meaningful, something life changing, something that would make me happy…
Not A Bucket List item #24 – Adopt a retired Military Working Dog